Brandon Macdonald E-Fed Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From the Ashes II vs Stygian (Main Event) - RP #1

Go down

From the Ashes II vs Stygian (Main Event) - RP #1 Empty From the Ashes II vs Stygian (Main Event) - RP #1

Post by Brandon Macdonald Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:19 pm

Saturday, August 25th, 2012
3:00PM
Las Vegas, Nevada

I grabbed an H&K MP5 off of the bathroom counter and shoved it into a holster on one of the belts that I was wearing. I looked at myself in the mirror, at how ridiculous I looked. I was standing there in my bra and panties, with two belts strapped around my waist. One of the belts held a dozen or so bullet clips for various guns, while my other belt held the submachine gun, three handguns and two grenades.

I looked over at Gianni, who had even more weapons than me strapped around him. A small machine gun hung over his back from a custom shoulder strap. He wore belts like me, however his held twice as many guns and twice as many clips. A semi-automatic shotgun was attached to the side of his leg. We looked ridiculous.

I couldn't believe that this was happening. The last 24 hours had been one of the most insane days of my life. And I was sure that it was just about to get even more crazy. I wish this would all just end. It was hard to believe that there was a chance that this would be my last day on earth. I wondered what I had gotten myself into. I never imagined that dating Gianni would lead to anything like this. But at the same time, I knew that this was a risk going into it, and I chose to ignore that risk. So now I was part of it. I thought back to twenty four hours earlier, when this all started.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, August 24th, 2012
10:00PM
Las Vegas, Nevada

Brandon Macdonald
So I think that about wraps things up. Thanks for coming out everyone, Karly and I are so excited and thankful. We'll see you all tomorrow. Again, thanks so much.

I walked over to the table and grabbed a piece of cheese off of one of the platters. We were in a special wedding-specific building doing a rehearsal for Brandon and Karly's wedding tomorrow. The building had a church-type place for weddings, then a giant hall attached for the after-party. There were a few dressing rooms as well. We were in the hall, having just finished the rehearsal.

I looked over at Gianni, who was sitting in one of the chairs smiling at me. I had been chosen as Karly's maid of honour, which made me so happy, but for obvious reasons Gianni had not been chosen by Brandon as any of his groomsmen. Neither of us were upset or even surprised. Brandon was friends with Gianni, but he wasn't amazing friends with him. All of Brandon's groomsmen were well deserved of their positions. I couldn't believe that I was picked as Karly's maid of honour. But at the same time, I wasn't totally surprised, her and I were so close, and had only gotten closer in recent weeks.

Gianni Giordano
Want to head back to the hotel and get some sleep?

The wedding was in Las Vegas, which wasn't too far from where both Brandon and Karly and Gianni and I lived in L.A. Gianni and I were going to stay here until Saturday, and then fly up to Chicago so that I would have a full day to prepare for From the Ashes.

Anna Stone
Yeah, just let me go say goodbye to Karly and Brandon

I looked over at Brandon, who was busy talking to his best man Jason Hawk and one of his groomsmen, James Shark. I didn't want to interrupt those three, and not just because of the awkwardness that would ensue from all of them having slept with me at times in the past. I walked over to Karly, who had just finished talking to the minister who was going to preside over the ceremony tomorrow. She still looked so beautiful, even with her four-month pregnant belly.

Karly Zedic
Anna! I'm so nervous for tomorrow!

I hugged Karly tightly

Anna Stone
Don't worry girl, you're going to be fine! You should be excited, not nervous.

Karly Zedic
I know. But come on, weren't you nervous before your wedding?

I thought back to that day almost two years ago. She was right.

Anna Stone
Yeah, I was incredibly nervous.

Karly Zedic
Exactly

Anna Stone
But that's a good thing. You just need to get some sleep tonight. And remember, it's bad luck to see Brandon from now until the wedding!

Karly Zedic
I know. We rented separate rooms in the hotel just for that.

Anna Stone
Good! Listen, Gianni and I were thinking about going home to get some sleep before the big day, do you need or want me to stick around?

Karly Zedic
No, I think we're just about wrapped u
p here. I'll see you tomorrow morning?

I hugged Karly tightly again and kissed her on the cheek.

Anna Stone
Of course. Bye, get some sleep!

I turned and walked towards Gianni, who held out his arm for me. I took it, and together we walked out of the hall and out of the building. Gianni handed the bellhop a card, and he quickly walked away towards the parking garage. I stared at the sky, not saying much as we waited for our car to arrive.

Gianni Giordano
You okay? You look like you've got something on your mind

When Gianni said that I looked like that, I knew that he knew something was up. It was pointless to try and fool him, because it wasn't going to work.

Anna Stone
Yeah sort of. Just worried I guess, for our safety. You know…

Gianni Giordano
Look, you heard what Saul said. We're safe until September. The Hart family isn't going to be able to get enough manpower to launch a full attack in such a short amount of time. There's no way that we're going to be in any kind of danger soon.

Anna Stone
But what if Saul is wrong? What if we don't have that much time?

Gianni grabbed my shoulders and squeezed tightly. He looked me in the eyes, deep into my eyes. He was still so beautiful.

Gianni Giordano
Then we prepare. We do exactly what we planned.

Our car pulled up and the bellhop hopped out and gave Gianni the keys. Gianni gave the kid some money and hopped in the car. I climbed into the passenger seat and sat there, staring out the window at the passing lights as Gianni and I drove back to the hotel in silence. I just wanted this whole thing to be over. I wished that I could just focus on how happy I was for my two best friends to get married tomorrow. But instead, I had to focus on this whole stupid thing.

We got to our room and I collapsed onto the couch. Gianni went to our room to grab something. I flicked on the TV and started flipping through. I landed on the national news, who were apparently talking about Brandon's wedding. I had heard more about the wedding in the last few days than I would have liked to hear in an entire year, so I clicked on to the next station. It was a sports station, and they were talking about me.

Reporter
So here's the question of the day. After seeing Stygian dominate all summer, and Anna do basically nothing worthwhile, topped onto the fact that she chose to fight someone who basically doubles her in size, we have to ask. What in the hell was Anna Stone thinking, and does she even stand a little bit of a chance this weekend against Stygian?

I turned off the TV. I was tired of hearing about it. I already knew what they were going to say. I didn't stand a chance, there was just no way that I could beat Stygian, and that I was an idiot for even challenging him in the first place. That's what everyone was saying. And I just didn't want to hear about it. I had my reasons, and I had made them clear before. I didn't want to keep stating them. And as for the underdog position? That's just what I had expected when I challenged him, so it was really nothing strange to me.

Gianni walked out of the room and sat down beside me on the couch.

Gianni Giordano
Anything good on babe?

Anna Stone
Nope, just boring news and dumb shows

Gianni Giordano
That's too bad. So what did you wanna do?

I rolled over and looked at Gianni, smiling.

Anna Stone
Well, it's bad luck for the bride to see her significant other on the night of her wedding. But nothing about the maid of honour

I grinned at Gianni as he smiled at me. He pulled me in tightly for a kiss. His hands found their way to my back, where they reached down and began to pull my shirt up over my head.

*Knock knock knock*

Anna Stone
Dammit!

I grabbed my shirt and pulled it back down and straightened it out. Gianni quickly hopped up and walked over to the door, and opened it. I was greeted with the stumbling body and sweaty face of Saul Speedman.

Saul Speedman
Thank god I found you guys…

Saul was the Giordano family lawyer. He was as crooked as they come, often only taking criminals as his clients in order to make a cut of their profits. While he seemed very illegitimate to basically everyone, he actually knew quite a bit about law. He was able to find loopholes and ways around all kinds of things, and was also just quite knowledgeable from experience. He was a bit of a flake though. But what the hell was he doing here in Las Vegas?

Gianni Giordano
What are you doing here Saul?

Saul Speedman
I'm getting out of the country, and you should be too!

Saul looked very panicked and upset. He kept looking around, as if he was expecting somebody to just break down our door and barge inside looking for him.

Gianni Giordano
What do you mean leave? Why?

Saul Speedman
You haven't heard?

Gianni Giordano
Heard what?

Saul Speedman
Oh boy. Look, remember how I said that you guys would be safe from the Hart family until at least September?

Gianni Giordano
Yeah we were just talking about that actually. Why do you ask Saul?

I suddenly realized why he was in such a hurry, and his question now made sense to me

Anna Stone
Saul…you don't mean?

Saul Speedman
My guy's calculations were off. The Hart family is ready now, and is coming after you now

I stared at Saul in disbelief. No way this could be happening. Not now, not so close to two of the most important days of the entire year for me.

Gianni Giordano
Saul, wait. How can you be so sure?

Saul Speedman
You really need to stay in contact when you go on these trips Gianni. Your dad's consigliere, what's his name?

Gianni Giordano
Antonio Motti, why?

Saul Speedman
They got him

I stared at Saul with my jaw dropped.

Gianni Giordano
Shit…

We sat in silence for a few moments. I couldn't quite believe what I was hearing.

Gianni Giordano
How did it happen?

Saul Speedman
He was shot. Drive by. He was just walking down the road and some of Hart's allies drove by and opened fire on him.

Gianni Giordano
Fuck. So what should we do?

Saul Speedman
What should you do? You should do what I'm doing, and get the hell out of the states. I got a friend down in Costa Rica who's got a place to stay. You should seriously consider coming with me. I can get you two a nice place set up. You can access your money from there, so you'll live comfortably.

Anna Stone
We can't

Saul looked at me strangely

Gianni Giordano
She's right. We have a wedding tomorrow that we just can't miss. And then she's got a wrestling match on Sunday that she needs to be at. So the latest we could leave is late Sunday.

Saul Speedman
You don't want to be at that wedding

Gianni Giordano
Why's that?

Anna Stone
Yeah, why is that Saul?

Saul looked around, making sure we were alone. Which was stupid since we were in a hotel room.

Saul Speedman
Look, you didn't hear this from me, but word around the Hart family is that they know you'll be attending Brandon's wedding tomorrow. Word is that they're planning an attack on you there

Anna Stone
Are you kidding me?!

Saul Speedman
I wish I was

I buried my face in my hands. I couldn't believe that this was happening. I was going to either skip Brandon's wedding, and break both his and Karly's hearts, or I was going to die there. What a couple of options those were.

Gianni Giordano
Well we're not going to miss that wedding. I trust you brought what I asked you to in this situation?

Saul Speedman
I did, its in place.

Anna Stone
Wait, what's happening?

Gianni looked at me and grabbed my hand.

Gianni Giordano
I'd explain it to you, but it's easier if I just show it to you tomorrow.

Anna Stone
Or you can tell me now?

Saul Speedman
Well, now's a good time for me to go. Listen, Gianni, Anna, it's been a pleasure. Hopefully we'll meet again in the future.

Gianni Giordano
Thanks Saul, it's been a good run

Saul stood up and walked towards the door, closing it behind him. I looked over at Gianni.

Anna Stone
So can you tell me what he brought you?

Gianni Giordano
Protection

Anna Stone
What does that mean?

Gianni Giordano
Look I'll show you tomorrow. But I need you to answer something for me. Do we want to tell Brandon and Karly about this apparent attack tomorrow? Or do we handle it ourselves?

I thought about it. This was something that Brandon and Karly really should know. But at the same time, I didn't want to ruin any of their day, and I knew that if I told them this, that I'd ruin it. This was their day, and I really just didn't want to ruin it.

Anna Stone
Can you handle it yourself?

Gianni Giordano
With your help I can

Anna Stone
What kind of help can I offer?

Gianni Giordano
You're a sharpshooter. You've really paid attention to my lessons at the range, so I think you'd be able to help a bit. I just need someone else to count on so I'm not doing this alone. Plus, we always do things as a team right?

Anna Stone
Ok I guess…but I'm really not sure what to do.

Gianni stood up and walked over to the table. He grabbed his briefcase and opened it up, pulling out a large stack of papers. I walked over to the table, as he lay out a blueprint for the wedding tomorrow.

Gianni Giordano
So here's what we're going to do

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Present Time

So that's how I got here. Sitting in the dressing room, strapping guns and ammunition to myself, all while trying to still look good for Brandon and Karly's wedding. I pulled my dress over my head and around my body. It was a loose fitting dress, so it concealed my belts underneath. I looked over at Gianni, who was fixing his tie. I grabbed it and fixed it for him. He looked really nervous. I was too. We had been up all night, planning what we were going to do if need be. We had bribed someone to let us into their firing range so that I could get some practise shooting handguns and submachine guns, which I had already had lots of experience with thanks to Gianni, but also throwing grenades. But I really hoped, no, prayed that I wouldn't need to do anything. I was so afraid, I didn't even know if I would be able to actually shoot a gun at someone. It was so easy to practice shooting one, but when it came time to actually take a life, I knew it would be much harder. But at the same time, if it meant staying alive, I'm pretty sure I could do it.

Gianni Giordano
Ready?

I sighed and straightened my dress. It was uncomfortable to walk with all of the belts and stuff underneath. But I wouldn't need to wear it for very long. I hoped at least.

Anna Stone
As ready as I'll ever be

Gianni Giordano
You'll be fine. Just remember what we talked about, and everything will be okay.

Anna Stone
You promise?

Gianni Giordano
Promise

We walked out of the dressing room, which Gianni locked behind him. I walked down the hallway towards the wedding hall, where everyone was being seated. One of Karly's friends pointed me towards the dressing room that she was in. I kissed Gianni and wished him luck before I walked into the dressing room.

Karly Zedic
Anna!

Karly ran and basically tackled me. She hugged me tightly, as I moved myself around in her arms so that she didn't feel me wearing anything underneath. The last thing I wanted was to ruin her day when she found weapons under my maid of honour dress.

Anna Stone
Karly! Are you excited?!

Karly let go of me and began pacing around the room. She had her wedding dress on, and she looked so gorgeous.

Karly Zedic
Yeah, but I'm also so nervous. Can you believe we're actually going to get married today?! I can't believe it's already here!

Anna Stone
Me neither. You must be so relieved. I can still remember the first time Brandon told me about you. It was so funny. You should have seen him before your first date! He was so nervous, I'd never seen him like that in my life.

Karly Zedic
Oh my god really?! I was so nervous too!

Anna Stone
But look how great it turned out. You two are so happy, and I'm so happy for you two.

Karly Zedic
Thanks Anna. But like…this isn't awkward for you at all is it? I mean, having been married to Brandon already, and now watching him marry someone else? I mean I'd totally understand if you didn't want to be here, Lillian can fill in as the maid of honour if she has to.

I grabbed Karly by the shoulders to stop her from blabbering on and on. She was nervous, and so she was just talking and talking.

Anna Stone
Karly. Seriously. I'm fine. I wouldn't have agreed to come if I had a problem with it. I was serious when I said that I was way over Brandon, and that all I wanted for him was to be happy. He's my best friend, and when he's with you, he's like the happiest guy in the world. And that makes me feel good too. So really, I want to be here, I want to see the two of you on the happiest days of your lives. Brandon and I tried it, and it didn't work. But I can say, from experience, that the two of you are a way better couple than the two of us were. You two will last forever, Brandon and I were never meant to be together like that.

Karly hugged me tightly again, and I again made sure she didn't squeeze some areas too tightly.

Karly Zedic
Awww thanks Anna! You're the best!

Anna Stone
That's why I'm the maid of honour

I grinned as Karly laughed

Karly Zedic
Yeah it is!

I looked over at the clock on the wall. It was about time for me to get ready. I looked back at Karly, who saw me looking at the clock.

Karly Zedic
Time to go?

Anna Stone
Time to go

I hugged Karly again and kissed her on the cheek.

Anna Stone
Everything's going to work out great, I just know it. You and Brandon are going to have the best wedding ever

Karly Zedic
I hope so too!

Karly let go of me as I turned around and walked out the door. I walked over to the line of groomsmen and bridesmaids, who were sitting there waiting. As soon as I got there, they all stood up. I could see an usher begin waving us to walk inside. Each one of us paired up with one of the groomsmen, as we were to walk down the aisle hand in hand. I laughed as Lillian and James had to pair up. I looked over and saw Jason Hawk looking at me, with a really stupid grin on his face. I really didn't want to deal with his shit, so I just looked straight ahead as he grabbed my arm and lead me up towards the church doors. We entered the church, and I saw the beautiful decorations and all the people there. It was so packed, and all of these people would be at the reception too. I found myself scanning the crowd, looking for people out of place. I recognized nearly all of Brandon's side of the family, but I really knew nobody on Karly's side. So they all looked out of place to me.

I got to the altar and moved aside, waiting for the wedding to start. I looked at Brandon, who was already at the altar. I smiled at him, and he smiled back at me. I looked back down the church as music started to play, and Karly walked out the door.

I watched as the soon-to-be Karly Macdonald slowly walked down the aisle towards us, her father holding her hand. She looked incredibly beautiful as she stared at Brandon, who had the same look in his face as he had during our wedding, maybe even with a bit more love. I had never seen him so happy in my life, and I was so excited for him. Karly kissed her father before walking up the altar and standing across from Brandon, a huge smile on her face. I could tell she was just as happy as he was.

Minister
Dearly beloved, family and friends, welcome to the blending of two hearts and two lives into one beautiful whole. Brandon Macdonald and Karly Zedic have long planned and anticipated this event and they will remember this day, and your supportive presence here, for the rest of their lives. They have expressed their love to each other every day for many months in private, but today is special because today they will express and vow their love for each other in front of you. Without you, this moment would not exist and we are all grateful to you for being here

The entire church applauded briefly. I joined in with them. I was so excited and it wasn't even my wedding

Minister
We also welcome the presence of God who has chosen to bless this couple with faithfulness and protection on this day and every day. Without the life that flows to and through us from the Divine Source, we would not be able to experience this wedding, today's fellowship or any of the other blessings bestowed upon us in this world.

Brandon's parents had insisted that he get married by a Catholic priest. While neither he nor Karly were religious, both their parents agreed that they should get married in a religious ceremony. They just wanted everything to go right.

Minister
Today, as you join yourselves in marriage, there is a vast and unknown future stretching out before you. The possibilities and potentials of your married life are great; and now falls upon your shoulders the task of choosing your values and making real your dreams. Through your commitment to each other, may you grow and nurture a love that makes both of you better people, a love that continues to give you great joy, and also a passion for living that provides you with energy and patience to face the responsibilities of life.

This was beginning to remind me of my failed wedding. I tried not to think back to that day, but it was hard. I just kept looking at how happy Brandon and Karly were. That distracted me enough to smile.

Minister
Brandon and Karly, remember to treat yourselves and each other with respect, and remind yourselves often of what brought you together. Take responsibility for making the other feel safe, and give the highest priority to the tenderness, gentleness and kindness that your connection deserves. When frustration, difficulty and fear assail your relationship, as they threaten all relationships at some time or another, remember to focus on what is right between you, not just the part that seems wrong. In this way, you can survive the times when clouds drift across the face of the sun in your lives, remembering that, just because you may lose sight of it for a moment, does not mean the sun has gone away. And, if each of you takes responsibility for the quality of your life together, it will be marked by abundance and delight.

I looked around at the crowd. I saw Gianni in his seat. He smiled at me, but I could tell that he was focused on making sure nobody in the crowd did anything. Any of the people in the back could have been planted there, and I wouldn't even know. Luckily Gianni had been in so many life-threatening situations before, he knew how to handle it. But me on the other hand, I had only been in a handful. Which I guess ends up being more than anyone else, but still!

Minister
Before we continue, if there is anyone in this audience, anyone at all who sees reason as to why these two beautiful people should not marry, let them speak up now, or forever will they hold their peace.

If anyone had said anything, I think I would have beaten them to death right then and there. Nobody was going to ruin this wedding for those two. Not after all they had done to get here.

Minister
Then we shall continue. Do you, Brandon Macdonald, take Karly Zedic to be your lawfully wedded wife?

Brandon Macdonald
I do

Yay!

Minister
Will you love, respect, and honour her throughout your years together, in sickness and in health, through good times and through bad times?

Brandon Macdonald
I will.

Minister
Do you, Karly Zedic, take Brandon Macdonald to be your lawfully wedded husband?

Karly Zedic
I do

I smiled brightly, but not nearly as brightly as Karly was smiling right now.

Minister
Will you love, respect, and honour him throughout your years together, in sickness and in health, through good times and through bad times?

Karly Zedic
I will.

Minister
Excellent. Both the groom and the bride have taken time to write vows for each other. We shall now hear the vows.

This is what I was looking forward to. I loved wedding vows, they always made me cry.

Brandon Macdonald
Karly, from the moment I first saw you, I knew that you were something special. I was in a confusing point of my life. I know now that you were also. But I was lucky, because when I finally figured out my life, you had done the same. And you were waiting there for me. Today is a special day, because it is finally the day that I get to call you my wife. You're the person that I want to spend the rest of my life with. The person that I want to grow old beside. The person that I want to argue with about the television remote when we've both been put in the old folks home by our children and grandchildren. Today Karly, I take you to be my wife. I promise you that I will be faithful. I promise you that I will honour you, respect you, cherish you, love you. I will laugh with you, and I will cry with you. I will always be there for you, in sickness and in good health, in those dark times, and of course, these happy times. I promise to love you as I have loved you since we first got together, for the rest of our lives.

That did the trick. Tears were rolling down my cheeks slowly. That was really good, so much better than the vow he wrote for our wedding. I wasn't upset about that or jealous, I just knew that he really did love her. I could hear it in his voice as he read that, and coupled with the look on his face, it was obvious that this was the girl he wanted to spend the rest of his life with.

Karly Zedic
Brandon, today I take you to be my friend, my lover, the father of our beautiful baby on the way, and my amazing and incredible husband. I've told you this so many times, but I fell in love with you from the moment I saw you walking backstage at that wrestling show those many months ago. I knew that I had to wait, and that's what I did. But now, finally, I get to call you my husband. I've waited so long, and today is finally the day. And here we are, in front of our friends, our family, and I couldn't be happier. This is the best day of my entire life, and from here on out, every day will just be an extension of that, because now we're together forever. Nothing will tear us apart. Sure we'll argue, we'll fight, we'll get mad at each other. But at the end of the day, we both love each other so much, and we'll always be there for each other. We'll be together for all of eternity, and that begins today.

I could hardly even hide my tears now. I was just thinking about all the good times that happened when I was with these two. And not only that, but the vows reminded me of just how great my life had been recently, so much better than when I was married to Brandon. I looked over at Gianni, who again smiled at me and blew me a kiss. I loved him so much. Part of me wished he would propose to me. But the rest of me knew that he just wouldn't do this any time soon. Not when his family was in danger like this.

Minister
So beautiful. May I have the rings please?

Jason Hawk gave the priest the rings that he was holding. The minister took them and handed one to Brandon, who looked at Karly, who was starting to cry herself. I was amazed that she had lasted this long without breaking down. But it had to come some time.

Minister
Creator of All, thank you for blessing these rings. May they serve to always remind Karly and Brandon of the promises they have made to each other today. May your endless love and boundless wisdom surround these rings, these two before me and all of those gathered to witness this exchange today. In your name, we pray. Amen.

Amen. Now it was finally time. Brandon and Karly were really going to be married. Husband and wife forever. Brandon took Karly's hand in his own.

Brandon Macdonald
Karly Zedic, I give you this ring as a symbol of my love and faithfulness. As I place it on your finger, I commit my heart and soul to you. I ask you to wear this ring as a reminder of the vows we have spoken today, our wedding day.

Brandon placed the ring on her finger. Karly smiled through the tears and looked at Brandon. The minister handed her a ring. The two of them had decided that they would both get rings, so that they would both always know that they had made a commitment to each other. It was so beautiful. Karly wiped her eyes and tried to hold back her tears while she took Brandon's hand.

Karly Zedic
Brandon Macdonald, I give you this ring as a symbol of my love and faithfulness. As I place it on your finger, I commit my heart and soul to you. I ask you to wear this ring as a reminder of the vows we have spoken today, our wedding day.

Awwwww so cute.

Minister
You have each received the blessings of your families. You have vowed to love each other. You have offered and accepted rings to wear as a symbol of those vows. And you have done this all in the presence and company of your dearest friends and most beloved family. It is now my most humble honour to declare , by the power vested in me by the state of California, to declare you legally and spiritually, husband and wife. You may now enjoy the first kiss of your long and fruitful marriage.

Brandon and Karly leaned in and kissed each other, as the audience cheered. I clapped along with everyone, tears streaming down my face. I was so happy for both of them, especially Brandon. He had had some pretty bad luck in his life lately, just like me. Whether it was friendships lost, or girls not lasting, he hadn't had basically any luck. But now he was finally happy, and that really made me happy.

Minister
Ladies and gentlemen, please congratulate the newest married couple in this world, Mr. and Mrs. Macdonald!

Brandon and Karly turned and waved to the audience who stood and clapped. I wiped my eyes with a tissue that Jason Hawk handed to me. I continued to clap and cheer as the two of them walked down the aisle and began walking out of the church. I grabbed Jason's arm and we followed them out of the church and into the dressing room. I ran over to Karly and jumped on her, hugging her so tightly that she was almost knocked over.

Anna Stone
Congratulations!!!

Karly laughed and wiped her eyes as the rest of the wedding party began to move into the dressing room. There wasn't going to be much of a break, as the reception was going to immediately follow the wedding. Brandon and Karly wanted it to be wrapped up as soon as possible because they too had to be in Chicago for Sunday's From the Ashes PPV. Brandon had to be there pretty early, since he had to make sure everything was running properly.

Karly Zedic
Thanks! I can't believe it. We're married Brandon!

Karly ran over and jumped into Brandon's arms. He laughed and kissed her, as we all cheered. They broke the kiss and grinned sheepishly.

Brandon Macdonald
Best day ever?

Karly Zedic
Yes!

Karly went over to Lillian and others and began talking to them. I walked over and hugged Brandon as tight as I could.

Anna Stone
Congratulations Brandon. I'm so happy for both of you.

Brandon Macdonald
Thanks Anna, that means a lot.

Brandon leaned over into my ear and started whispering something so that nobody could hear.

Brandon Macdonald
Are you going to tell me what's going on?

I froze. He knew. But…how? As if he read my mind, I got my answer

Brandon Macdonald
Come on, you didn't think I noticed both you and Gianni looking around the church constantly? And unless you gained some robotic body parts, you've got something strapped under your dress here.

I didn't say anything. I couldn't. There was nothing for me to say. I tried so hard not to ruin Brandon's wedding, but apparently that didn't work.

Brandon Macdonald
Don't worry, I'm not going to tell anyone anything. I just want to know. Are the two of you possibly in danger?

I nodded my head slowly.

Brandon Macdonald
Ok, thats all I wanted to hear. Don't worry Anna, I'll get this under control

He released me from the hug and smiled at me.

Brandon Macdonald
Thanks again for coming Anna, you made this day all the more special

In more ways than one I feared.

Anna Stone
You're welcome I guess

Brandon turned and walked over to where Shark and Jason and others were sitting and began talking to them.I looked over at Karly, who was still busy with her other girlfriends. I decided now was the best time. I walked out of the dressing room and into the reception hall, where I found Gianni sitting alone at a table. I sat down beside him

Anna Stone
Anything out of the ordinary?

Gianni Giordano
Not anything that I've seen. I don't recognize any faces, but that doesn't surprise me. They'd be fools to send people that I recognized to try to kill me. But even so, are you ready? You never know what could happen.

Anna Stone
Yeah. Brandon knows.

Gianni Giordano
He does? How?

Anna Stone
He said he saw us looking around, and he also felt the guns under my dress. He's former special ops remember? He doesn't miss things like this. But he said not to worry and that he'd handle it.

Gianni Giordano
Still, I can't take that chance. We have to be ready.

I watched as everyone began to file into the banquet hall. Everyone took their seats as we waited. Finally, the DJ announced Brandon and Karly, who made their way to their seats. We all clapped and cheered for them, as they blushed and thanked us. When everyone was done sitting, the DJ called Karly's father up to the stage.

Mr. Zedic
Thanks everyone for being here today, on such a wonderful day. I'm so glad that we can enjoy it here with all of you. Its my honour to give the first speech of the night, so here I go.

Mr. Zedic
When I first found out my daughter was seeing Brandon Macdonald, I was angry. Not because my daughter was dating again, which is every father's worst nightmare. Not even because she was dating someone who was seven years older than her. No, it was because of who she was dating. Brandon Macdonald. I had heard so much about him, not just from Karly, but from everyone. And this is what I gathered from him. He was a big-headed, rich, pretty boy lady killer. He slept around, he dated something like 5 girls in the span of 3 months, he was open about his sex life, he just was not good material. He was every father's worst nightmare.

The crowd all laughed. I laughed too. It was so true though. To someone looking at Brandon from the outside, that was how he seemed. But if you really got to know him, he was actually a really sweet guy

Mr. Zedic
So I made that clear to her. I forbade her to date him. I told her that he was a bad influence and that she should look elsewhere for men. But of course she didn't listen. What girl would? Especially one like Karly. She's already been through so much in her life. I realize now that I should have let her make her own decision. You know me, as a father, I always think that my daughter is a little girl and that I need to protect her. But Karly, looking at you now, I can see how much you've grown up. I'm a grandfather for crying out loud. And Shawn is such a great kid, and you've raised him so well. You're a grown woman, and I should have treated you that way. Its not my place to tell you who to date, or what to do with your life. You've earned the right to make those choices on your own.

That was so sweet. It takes a big man to admit their mistakes, and I could tell that Mr. Zedic was one. He truly loved his daughter, and I knew that she would forgive him.

Mr. Zedic
But still, I hated the idea of my little girl dating THE Brandon Macdonald. I thought that it could only lead to heartbreak for her. But then something happened. Something that I'd hoped would never happen, but looking back, I'm so glad it did. I met Brandon Macdonald in person. Of course, I only knew him from the stories I'd heard. So I expected arrogance, but what I saw instead, was compassion. I saw love for my daughter. And I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Here was the man that I had heard so many negative things about, the man that was seven years old than my daughter, and he acted like a gentleman in the best of ways. You could tell right away that he was truly in love with her. So I got to talking to him. I don't think Brandon's told anyone this, but when we first talked alone, I told him straight up that I did not approve of him dating my daughter. But, I did give him the opportunity to change that. And boy did he ever. In the many times that I saw him, or heard about him, it was all good things. I was shocked. I learned that he was nothing like he was made out to be. A kind gentle, loving person, who wanted nothing more than the love of my daughter.

That was more like the Brandon that I knew

Mr. Zedic
And so, when she told me that they were going to get married, well, I still had my reservations. What father doesn't? But I was confident that she had picked the right man. That Brandon Macdonald was the one for my daughter. And so I gave her my approval. Even though I knew that she wouldn't listen to me regardless.

That was Karly for you.

Mr. Zedic
But today, I am so ecstatic for the two of you. I've watched you grow up from the day you were born Karly. I've been there for all of your tough times. But today, I'm so blessed, we're all so blessed, to be here in your most happiest moment. As sad as it is to see you go, I know that Brandon is the right man for you. And I'm so happy that you didn't listen to me when I told you not to see him. Because now I see that he offers you the same thing that you offer him. Love. And that's the most important thing you need when you're about to embark on this journey. Karly, you've made me the proudest a father could ever be, and I know that you and Brandon were meant for each other. I ask that everyone here join me in congratulating Brandon and Karly, and wishing them the best in their upcoming long and happy marriage.

Brandon Macdonald
Admin

https://brandonmacdonald.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down