Brandon Macdonald E-Fed Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Macdonald RP #3

Go down

James Macdonald RP #3 Empty James Macdonald RP #3

Post by Brandon Macdonald Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:11 am

-----------------------Sunday, May 1st, 2011-----------------------

James: "So what do you think? Ready to come watch me fight?"

Keagan: "Yes. I'm so excited"

James looked over at Keagan in the passenger seat of their rental car. He watched as she stared out the window, looking out onto the rainy streets of Seattle, the location of Battle Grounds 6. He smiled and turned back to keeping his eyes on the road.

James: "I'll give you a tour around the backstage area, and then you've also got front row seats to the actual event. So you can watch me win"

Keagan: "Yay! You are going to win, aren't you?"

James: "Of course I will. Johnny Valentine? Dude stands no chance"

Keagan: "Who is he even? I don't recognize the name"

James: "No idea. Apparently he's Canadian."

Keagan: "Huh. And he thinks he can beat you?"

James: "It would seem that way"

Keagan: "Well babe, he stands no chance"

James: "Thanks Keagalator. You're the best"

Keagan: "Just win one for me"

James: "Of course I will. I'll make an example of Johnny Valentine. Show that this tournament is mine to win"

Keagan: "Awesome! I can't wait."

James: "We still have a little bit before I can go to the arena. What's say we explore Seattle a little bit?"

Keagan: "I would like it a little bit more if it wasn't raining"

James: "Come on Keagan, it's Seattle. The rainy city. Of course it's going to rain."

Keagan: "Okay. Well, what is there to do here? You've been here a few times haven't you?"

James: "Yeah, to play the Seahawks. Ummm, well, there's the Space Needle. We could go there if you want?"

Keagan: "Is it any fun?"

James: "Well, it's a really tall tower. So it's pretty cool. Seattle isn't a very exciting city"

Keagan: "Clearly not. The only good thing about Seattle is the Seahawks. And you know you're pretty sad when that's the case."

James: "Yeah. Well, they beat us last year."

Keagan: "True. But you guys had a good draft the last few days. You got Robert Quinn, so he'll help you on defense I'm sure"

James: "Yeah, I'm hoping so. We also got Kendricks, Pettis, and Salas who will help Sam out a lot on the other side. I think this might be our year to turn it around."

Keagan: "Yeah, I think so too. And you'll do great, I just know it"

James: "Well, with you by my side now, I certainly will do better"

Keagan: "I know you will. I'm so excited"

James: "Me too. Anyways, do you want to go check out the Space Needle for a bit?"

Keagan: "Yeah sure, why not"

James began to follow the road to the Space Needle. He turned the radio up a little louder, as they listened to some grunge music that was on the local station. Eventually, he pulled into the Space Needle parking lot, and parked the car. James got out of the car, and Keagan followed him. He grabbed her hand, and they began to walk towards the structure, which towered over them.

James: "I forgot how not very big this thing actually is"

Keagan: "It's like half the size of the CN Tower."

James: "Yeah. But at least it has a pretty cool view at the top"

James and Keagan walked into the building. They waited in line for a few minutes, before getting into the elevator together, and making the ascent to the top. Once they arrived, they got out, and began to walk over to a window.

James: "Look at that view"

Keagan: "It is pretty awesome. You can see all of Seattle"

James: "Yep. It's spectacular. Even if Seattle is a pretty crappy city, it's always nice to see it from up here"

Keagan: "Yeah. Why did they build this place anyways?"

James: "It was built for the 1962 World's Fair, which was in Seattle. I guess it was just an attention getter. One of those things that they do for those giant fairs. Kinda like The Expo in Montreal way back when, and how they built all that stuff"

Keagan: "Yeah, that makes sense. So this is basically used for nothing but tourism?"

James: "Yeah, exactly"

Keagan: "Hmmmm. That's kind of cool. Maybe even a bit romantic"

James turned around and leaned in towards Keagan, kissing her lips softly. It turned more passionate, as both of them got even more into it. James broke the kiss and smiled at Keagan.

James: "Wanna go grab a coffee, then head to the arena?"

Keagan: "Sure thing"

James grabbed Keagans hand and walked over to the elevator. He smiled and looked back at the Seattle skyline. Even though it was a pretty lame city, it was still a beautiful sight to see. The Space Needle was actually pretty cool. Pointless? Maybe. But cool nontheless.

Keagan: "Come on, the elevators here. Stop staring out the window"

James came back to his senses. Keagan was pulling on his arm, trying to get him to move into the  elevator. James smiled, and followed her inside. They waited as it descended towards the ground. When it arrived, they both walked out and headed back towards their car. James hopped in and started it up. He drove out of the parking lot, and all the way to a small market area.

Keagan: "This place looks really old"

James: "It is. It's a very historic part of Seattle."

Keagan: "Then why are we here?"

James: "To get coffee"

Keagan: "From where?"

James: "How about the original Starbucks?"

Keagan: "Seriously? That's here?"

James: "Sure is."

James pulled over on the side of the road, and turned off the car. He looked past Keagan and out the window.

James: "It's actually right there"

Keagan turned her head and saw the old Starbucks right there. She smiled and looked at James.

Keagan: "How old is this place?"

James: "Just turned 40 years old a month ago. It's been for a long time. Hard to believe eh?"

Keagan: "Yeah. I thought Starbucks was a lot newer than that. Forty years old? That's crazy"

James: "Yeah, I was just as surprised as you are when I found out"

James led Keagan into the store, and they got in line. James looked around. He had never actually been inside of this place, he'd only seen and read about it. It was very nice inside, better than he thought. It had a nice antique feel to it. Even though the people working there looked like they were about sixteen years old, and the equipment was all brand new. It didn't really mesh well with the rest of the store.

Keagan: "Why don't you find us a seat, and I'll grab you just a regular coffee"

James: "Okay, sounds good"

James walked out of the line and found a small two person table in the back corner of the coffee shop. He sat down and checked his iPhone. He saw that Brandon had texted him, asking to meet with him when he got to the arena. He put his phone away just as Keagan sat down.

Keagan: "Who was that?"

James: "I just got a text from Brandon. He wants to meet me when we get to the arena"

Keagan: "Did he say why?"

James: "No. I'm sure he just wants to go over the show with me. He always does this"

Keagan: "Fair enough. Did he say how his head is?"

James: "Nope. I assume he's okay, I know he had a concussion, but that's about it. I think he's taking it easy for a few weeks though. Probably isn't wrestling tonight"

Keagan: "Yeah, he got beat up pretty hard. And his teammates didn't come to save him"

James: "Nope. He took it all by himself"

Keagan: "Why in the world did he join that British team? He isn't British, and they suck"

James: "He says he has a bigger purpose, and that he has had a plan all along"

Keagan: "Did he say what it was?"

James: "No. He wouldn't even tell me. I think Anna is the only one who knows. I don't think it's that big a deal though, he probably just joined them because he was pissed at America. And the fans, they didn't help either"

Keagan: "Yeah. It's crazy. I watched his UFC fight, and everyone cheers for him. Then I watch him wrestle, and everyone boos him. It's weird"

James: "Yeah, it's cool. Like, people understand that he acts differently in both areas. In the UFC, he's one of the most popular fighters of all time, and really goes out of his way to impress the fans, and really takes time to be a loved fighter. Whereas when he wrestles, he doesn't really care about the fans, doesn't try to impress anyone. He just does his own thing. And it's unique that people can tell the difference, and accept it"

Keagan: "Yeah, I thought it was pretty cool. And then there's you, who people just like"

James: "Well, maybe. I'm pretty knew, I feel like people don't know me well enough to like me yet. I've got some fans, probably because they know me from football, but I haven't done enough to impress people yet. I've heard lots of talk about how my Battle Royal win was a fluke"

Keagan: "I hope you aren't listening to them. Because it was no fluke, you deserved to win that. You deserved the number one seed, and everything else that came with it."

James: "Thanks Keagan. I'm glad you think I'm great"

Keagan: "I think that you're amazing. And I can't wait to see you beat the shit out of Valentine"

James: "Yeah, I'm pretty excited too"

Keagan: "You seem really relaxed. I've never understood how you can be so relaxed about things like this. I remember being in the locker room before one of out high school national championships, and seeing Brandon, calm as shit, before the biggest and most important game of his life"

James: "Yeah, I don't know. He was never nervous. Ever. Like, I used to get nervous over stuff, and it still sort of happens occasionally. But I've never seen him nervous in my life, even in bad situations. If he's ever been nervous, he hides it well."

Keagan: "Yeah. But I'm sure you only get nervous over big things"

James: "Yeah. I was nervous before our game against Seattle earlier this year, just because of the implications that it had. I was nervous before my National Championship games in college. But if it's something small like this, I don't get nervous."

Keagan: "Yeah, I see what you mean. Ready to go?"

James: "Yep, let's head out."

James got out of his seat and followed Keagan out of the store, and back into their car. They drove down the busy streets of Seattle, and arrived in a back parking lot area of the KeyArena. James hopped out of his car, and walked over to the backstage doors. The security checked his ID, and Keagans, and let them in. Once they were inside, James turned to Keagan.

James: "See? I'm so unpopular that the security don't even recognize me"

Keagan: "They're probably just doing their job. They have to ask everyone I bet"

James: "Maybe. Anyways, let's go find Brandon"

James began to walk down the hallway, looking for anyone who might know where Brandon would be. He passed a few staff workers, but none of them knew where Brandon was. He continued walking, until he saw Chuck Matthews, talking to a girl working backstage. James walked up to him.

James: "Hey, Chuck, have you seen Brandon or Anna?"

Chuck: "Yeah, actually, Anna came to talk to me a few minutes ago, I just saw the two of them walk into that room over there"

Chuck pointed at a locker room door that was shut. James saw it, and turned back to Chuck.

James: "Thanks Chuck. Ready to watch me win tonight?"

Chuck: "As long as you don't steal my move, I'm sure we'll be alright"

James: "I do it better though"

Chuck: "Yeah, we'll see about that"

James laughed and turned away towards the door. He began to walk over to the locker room, and knocked when he arrived. He heard Brandon yelling from the inside.

Brandon: "Come in!"

James opened the door. He saw Brandon sitting in a chair, with Anna beside him, looking at something on her phone. Brandon smiled when he saw him.

Brandon: "Ready for your singles debut little bro?"

James: "You tell me. You've seen me train"

Brandon: "Indeed I have. Whoa, you got Keagan to come?"

Keagan: "Yeah, he did. Surprised?"

Brandon: "Yeah, I actually am quite"

Anna: "Hun, you got me to come to your wrestling events from the beginning, you shouldn't be so surprised"

Brandon: "True that. I'm still surprised. You actually going to watch?"

Keagan: "I'm going to go front row for James' match, then come back here"

Brandon: "Good strategy. That's what I'd do"

James: "Anyways, what was it that you wanted to tell me?"

Brandon: "Right. Well, I heard something interesting"

James: "And what might that be?"

Brandon: "I was approached by Johnny Valentine earlier. Well, actually, Chuck and I were. Corey might have been too, I'm not sure. But the point is, Johnny said that he is quitting the IWF"

James: "What?!"

Brandon: "Yeah. He said that he doesn't feel like he can compete, and that he won't ever be able to beat some of the top competition"

James: "Does he not even want to try?"

Brandon: "Guess not. I guess he's one of those guys, who, when the going gets tough, they quit. Cowardly move, if you ask me"

James: "Yeah, I mean, its not like others haven't had to improve to be great. Just look at you, losing to a girl in your second match"

Brandon: "I thought we had agreed to never mention that again?"

James: "Whatever. Either way, it happens"

Brandon: "Yeah. Anyways, he decided to turn his back and run, with his tail tucked between his legs. Embarrassing"

James: "Yeah. Wouldn't you guys lose a lot of money on that?"

Brandon: "Yes. Quite a bit. We invest a lot in our new guys, since we don't have many at the moment. So for him to do this, it really fucks us up"

James: "No kidding. So, what does that mean about my match tonight?"

Brandon: "It's still happening. He was already booked, he can't walk out now"

James: "So you're telling me that I get his last match in the IWF?"

Brandon: "Exactly"

James: "And perhaps if I executed some sort of, lets call it, payback, for leaving the company like that, you wouldn't be upset with me?"

Brandon: "You read my mind. I wouldn't be upset in the slightest"

James: "Excellent. I have just the idea."

Brandon: "Great news. I'll let you get back to Keagan and getting ready. I have to stay in here all night, since I'm technically not supposed to be here"

James: "Alright, thanks for the heads up Brandon. Watch me out there"

Brandon: "No problem. And I will."

James turned back to Keagan, and they walked out of the locker room.

James: "I hope you're ready to see a beat down"

Keagan: "Of course I am"

James: "That's why I love you. You understand me"

Keagan: "I love you too James. Let's go to your locker room"

James walked with Keagan towards their locker room. James smiled at the thought of what he was going to do tonight. He was going to make an example of Johnny Valentine, and completely take him out of commission. He wanted to leave the business in such a quick exit? He was going to pay the consequences. James would get the last laugh here, not Johnny. He wouldn't be able to leave with any dignity at all after James was done with him. He was excited.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim Patrick. The Irish Car Bomb.

Looks like I've got you for Round 2 of the Battle for the Briefcase Tournament.

This wasn't much of a surprise, I knew you'd beat Chris to get here, and I think we both knew that I would beat Johnny Valentine. So this matchup comes as no surprise. To anybody really. But nonetheless, I am very excited for this match.

Because beating you Tim, will solidify myself as a big time player in the IWF. Because lets face it, Tim Patrick is on the verge of breaking into the main event scene. This is a guy who has taken Corey Casey to his limit inside Double Cage Horror. Something that you'd be hard pressed to find another man to have done. Tim, when he is on, he is on, and he can tear you apart. Who can forget when he survived kicks after kicks after kicks to the balls from Gunther, and still managed to win? The man is a warrior, and I cannot take him lightly.

And on top of that, this is a no DQ match. Which means that Tim holds a distinct advantage over me. First off, Tim is a hardcore wrestler. He will use anything and everything he can get his hands on as a weapon. He is one of the more dangerous guys here when it becomes hardcore. While he may not be the greatest pure wrestler on the roster, give him a chair, or a two-by-four, and he can destroy you. Me? I'm not hardcore superstar. I can swing a chair, I can smash someone through a table if I must, but I wouldn't consider myself hardcore.

Which is why I plan on keeping this No-DQ match inside the ring. I don't want to give Tim any chance to get outside the ring to get a weapon. I'm going to try to keep him grounded, to keep him from getting up and catching me off guard. I'm going to take the fight directly to Tim, so he better be ready for it. I'm going to tackle him, beat on him, slam him, do everything physically possible to keep Tim from getting a weapon, and to wear him down completely.

And yet, that still might not be enough. Because this is no-DQ. Which means that anyone can interfere, and it is legal. Which means that I would bet my left nut that Tim will get some member of his little Irish group to come down and help him win the match. Just like he tried to do last week against Jason Hawk. It didn't work, but that was because Hawk had some unlikely help. Whereas I don't have that kind of help. I'm not a part of the Right Honourable Gentlemen, nor do I have any kind of deal with them. So if Tim brings someone out to help him, which he will, then I will fight them myself. But why not fight me like a man Tim? Don't bring any guys out to help you. Just come out, and let's do this one on one. Prove to me that you can be a man, and fight your own battles. Will you do it?

I doubt it.

But make no mistake. Either way, whether you bring out no one, or 10 guys, you lose.

And I will win. Because no matter how many guys you have come help you Tim, you still won't have enough to keep me down for a three count. You can try all you want, but in the end, you will lose. You can't beat me Tim, no matter how hard you try. I'm going to break you in half with my Buckeye Smash. I'll break your neck with my Ram Slam, just like I did to Johnny Valentine. You're in my way Tim, and I really want that Briefcase. So it's nothing personal. It's a strictly business transaction.

I can beat the Irish Tim. Your day will not come, not yours, and not the IIA's. Tiocfaidh Ár Lá my ass.

Ní féidir leat a bhuachan

Tá mé díreach tar éis níos fearr ná tú

E vieni questa Domenica, il mondo lo saprà

Brandon Macdonald
Admin

https://brandonmacdonald.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down